Grotesque is a utility that helps you manage your collection of interactive fiction, or text adventures. It collects bibliographic and other information from story files and presents a convenient interface to build and organize a catalog of your games.
- Supports all formats covered by the Treaty of Babel for extracting metadata from story files, but you can define your own formats with their own associated interpreters and you may manually add metadata for any file.
- Fetches metadata information and cover art from the IFDB
- Quickly filters large collections by author, group, year of publication, genre, forgiveness or rating
- Keeps track of which stories you’ve played and which are new
- Displays a story’s metadata and cover art in an attractive GTK-based interface
- Python 2.6+ (Python 3 not supported)
- PyGtk and GTK 2.32 or PyGObject and GTK 3.0+
Grotesque is a Python/GTK based application, primarily targeted for GNU/Linux users, but an unsupported Windows version is available and it should be easily portable to Mac.
Help with Grotesque would be greatly appreciated! There are many tasks, big and small, that remain to be done. Please get in touch if you are interested in helping out!
Development takes place using Fossil. You can clone it using:
$ mkdir grotesque $ fossil clone http://grotesque.invergo.net/fossil grotesque.fossil $ cd grotesque && fossil open ../grotesque.fossil
grotesque is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
grotesque is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/